Today I would like to address prevention, disease and the immune system.
How to Strengthen Your Immune System
Everywhere I am hearing the same question: how can we boost our immune system to combat the coronavirus and viruses in general?
Understand, it’s not a function of boosting our immune system as much as it is a function of strengthening our immune system and its many processes. It’s important to keep in mind that our immune system isn’t a single closed system but a multi-processing system.
How the Immune System Works
Our multi-processing system consists of the white blood cells, tissue cells derived from white blood cells, the thymus, lymph nodes and lymph vessels that protect the body from, and ward off, pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi.
The immune system provides a mechanism for the body to:
- Distinguish its own cells from foreign cells and substances.
- Destroy the invader by phagocytosis or by producing sensitized lymphocytes or specialized proteins (like antibodies) that either destroy or neutralize the invaders.
How Our Lifestyles Affect Our Immune System
What directly affects our immune system? Great question. Our immune system is directly affected by what we eat, drink, breathe, how we protect and maintain our lifestyle and our personal hygiene. Most of this is common sense and we know that the poorer the lifestyle, the greater amount of toxins accumulate in and on our bodies. Not to mention we are more vulnerable to infections, viruses and cancers.
What a creation we are when it comes to counteraction. You see, our bodies are brilliantly designed to process, metabolize and clear toxins naturally.
However, we live in a world where the amount of toxins we take in daily often exceeds and counteracts what the body was designed to eliminate. This excess of toxins overwhelm our bodies natural healing pathways. With that said, here is the most amazing part, you and I with the right lifestyle we can control and defend against the many ills of a compromised immune system.
Bad Habits = Immune System Forced to Work Overtime
Ready for some more common sense? We all know that living a lifestyle of junk food, little or poor exercise, a stressful lifestyle and compromised hygiene, our immune system is forced to work overtime to protect us from our bad habits. The big problem here is that our immune system like every other system in our brilliant bodies becomes overworked and when overworked they become weaker and less effective at saving and moving our lives forward.
Be reminded, it’s not a matter of boosting our immune system, it’s a matter of strengthening it. With all we know, and all the new scientific evidence still to come concerning the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response, what is evidently clear is the massive impact and benefits to the quality and length of our lives comes down to, you guessed it, the “proper healthy lifestyle”.
Strengthen Your Immune System with a Proper Healthy Lifestyle
Here are some are some preventable tips to help keep your immune system strong.
- Don’t smoke and avoid smoke from others who are smoking around you
- Find your specific diet with the appropriate fats, proteins and carbohydrates for your health and lifestyle.
- Maintain your correct weight for your lifestyle and actives.
- If you drink alcohol, know what to drink and in what amounts for you.
- Get restful sleep that comes from healthy lifestyle habits.
- Have a good spiritual connection, which is my priority #1.
Tips to Stop the Spread of Viruses
- If you are ill stay at home, rest and avoid physical contact with others.
- If you find yourself out in public and you are concerned about getting or spreading any virus, wear a face mask.
- When you have to be in someone’s presence, communicate politely but avoid physical contact.
The best strategies to avoid or spread virus and infections:
- Washing your hands properly and frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face.
- 5×5 hand washing
- Air hugs
Your Own Immune System is the Best Prevention
Keep in mind and don’t forget this, all these tips are helpful but the best way to prevent the coronavirus, and future virus outbreaks that are pretty much guaranteed to come, is with your own immune system. The number one way to build your immune system naturally and organically is everything I have mentioned thus far.
The reason I am so adamant about this is because it encompasses the mastery of my life’s work over these past 35 years and counting. I am so blessed, honored and humbled to be a part in assisting over 22,000 wonderful clients globally, like you, to understanding, building and maintaining their strongest defense to fight any virus that is here today and that will certainly come tomorrow.
Let Us Help You Strengthen Your Immune System
Helping you is simple… contact us for a complimentary evaluation at 805-813-3280. Believe me, If you are ready for the new you it will be one of the most significant calls of your life.
God Bless and as always, be safe out there!